- Youth club
- Forms for parents
- Work with us
- Where we are
- Electronic register
English course for Cambridge certificate preparation: starters, Movers, Flyers
This course allows children to develop a deeper and more participatory approach to the English language.
The course, wich consists of a small group and wich is held entirely in English, offers the children an opportunity to learn basic rules for speaking the English language, it also allows students to interact and to express their udeas and opinions and to hold previously prepared presentations in front of the class. The student is stimulated to learn through a variety of activities ( even fun ones) and materials that the teacher prepares specifically for every lesson. For the most part, the lessons focus on specific semantic fields so that the students have the possibility of broadening and enriching their vocabulary.
– To understand written and oral expressions related to household terms.
– To be able to interact with one’s classmates in a comprehensible manner when exchanging information.
– To be able to converse or carry on a simple dialogue within a English speaking country.
– To be able to describe (orally) past events and one’s particular environment as well as being able to express on’s needs.
– Pair work and group work: oriented towards dialogue exchange, memorization of various linguistic structures, class presentations
– Listening and comprehension of stories, fairytables, newspaper/magazine articles for children, English songs
– Written work or exercises in pairs or in groups to strengthen vocabolary
It is a known fact that fun and engaging lessons have an enormous impact on learning and thus, the teacher will program certain lessons by taking into account the specific requests or preferences of the students.
Can you repeat, please? Where is it? It’s next to the sofa Social English
Opposites, Has he got curly hair? Guess who?
That’s my monster! Merry Christmas!
At the restaurant, On the road, In the underground, At the airport
Let’s interview! Happy Easter, Invent your quiz, Shopping
At the telephone, Song
ROBOTICS AND CODING LAB LEGO® Education WeDo
Lego WeDo is a program that allows students to experience the world of robotics. The WeDo project is based on a didactic approach wich actively involves students in their learning processes and promotes creative thinking, group work and problem solving.
In Educational Robotics, the cognitive artifacts are based on intelligent models that are previously given and offer the possibility of creating emergent behaviour. In creative Robotics, the cognitive artifacts has to be “conceived”, “created” and “designed” by the student without handing him anything directly, so that it can be mechanized and programmed.
In this manner the robot starts to come to life and is animated by the commands that have been programmed by our students.
“The construction of digital artifacts, both physical and virtual, that can be shared discussed, admired represent a good learning model for computational thinking” (S. Papert)
The didactic activity is thus realized: the student puts the pieces together by following a procedure, he writes a program to obtain yhe desired result, however, if he doesn’t succeed in his intent he has to look for the error and try again. Therefore, the path that one must take to reach an objective gives educational value to the activity in question an thus, develops computational thinking.