The Nursery School of Immacolata College is divided into: Nursery School – Primary School – 1st and 2nd grade Secondary School.
In a context of pluralism of school and training models, the nursery school of Immacolata College presents itself as an equal Salesian Catholic school (Ministerial Decree 14/11/2001) which carries out a public service in Conegliano.
CATHOLIC because, in all its structure, organization, activities, it is inspired by the values of the Gospel and the faith of the Catholic Church, helping children and young people to mature a correct synthesis between faith, culture and life.
SALESIAN because, managed by the Daughters of Mary Help of Christians, carries on the daily Preventive System of Don Bosco and Mother Mazzarello, trying to create a peaceful, constructive educational environment, basing the action on reason, that is, dialogue and confrontation, religion, that is ethical, moral, spiritual values, loving kindness, understood as a sincere and demanding affection.
PRIVATE because it guarantees the fulfillment of the right-duty to education, the qualifications that issues have legal value and are in all respects recognized valid on the national territory.
Our Nursery School:
- it is a school which takes care to the person of the child, favouring the opening of the child in the context with peers and with the wider environment than the family environment, helping to mature both intellectually and emotionally;
- it is a school that cooperates with families in educational co-responsibility;
- it is a school for families who decide to invest in the education of their children, in a delicate moment of social inclusion.
DEFINES ITSELF AS: A true educational institution, a place of life, development and growth of the child, an environment of Christian and Salesian inspiration
AIMS TO: consolidate identity, developing autonomy, acquiring skills and the first experiences of citizenship
REFERS: to the pedagogy of encounter, encouragement, narration by adopting Don Bosco’s “Preventive System”
IMPLEMENTS: programs, strategies and methods that help the growth and development of the child at the level:
- motor – cognitive
- social – affective
- moral – religious
The educational – didactic project
Starting from the concrete needs of the children and their needs for integral growth, the school has developed a Project that sees the integration of the international path and the expressive-musical path:
- the international project brings children closer to a language other than their mother tongue and this means intriguing and accompanying them in the exploration of the linguistic phenomenon, holding them by the hand in a reassuring way and making them understand that there are many languages in the world that can be learned to communicate;
- The musical expressive project is carried out through the activation of workshops that provide the use of different languages aimed to the development and enhancement of children’s expressive, creative and musical abilities.
The educational offer includes for all children an educational didactic curricular programming with specific Section Learning Units and laboratory specific UAs by age which take into account the Profile of the child and refer to the five fields of experience (Indicazioni Nazionali per il curricolo 2012 e Indicazioni Nazionali e nuovi scenari 2017):
- The self and the other
- The body and the movement
- Images, sounds and colours
- Speeches and words
- The world knowledge
The school therefore undertakes to:
- design and organize spaces and materials, safeguarding the slow action and learning times of children
- promote learning through body and sensoriality
- enhance the relationship life
- enhance the game as a privileged learning resource
- develop the competence of “know-how” with the use of hands through contact with the earth and cooking experiences
- encourage research / action and exploration
- enhance the expressive and linguistic reworking of experiences
- use Problem Solving or the problematization of reality to arrive at new knowledge, through the formulation and verification of hypotheses that lead to the resolution of the starting problems
- encourage group work and laboratory activities
- propose school trips and cultural visits and other experiences outside the school
- promote relations with the territory
- document experiences through images and descriptions shared within the school, on the website and on the Facebook page
- use Cooperative-learning: teaching method that involves sharing experiences in small groups, whose children help each other, feeling co-responsible for the mutual path
- organize parties with and for children and families
- enhance the relationship with families through meetings, individual interviews and participation in parties and events promoted by the school.